There is various different kinds of bacteria that can grow on meat and related products if they are not handled or stored properly. This is why it is very essential to properly clean and store meat. For each kind of meat there are different ways of handling and storing. Below are a few tips you should keep in mind when doing so:
- Always wash your hands before preparing the meat, fish or poultry as the bacteria can easily spread to meat from your hand. Also make sure that the tools you are using are clean. This is important because uncleaned knives can contaminate the meat as well.
- As bacteria can easily transfer it is advisable to prepare organic meat Brisbane on a separate surface. Also keep the other ingredients and vegetables away from it.
- It is advisable to have a separate cutting board just for meat and vegetables. This also allows the meat to be kept safely.
- Raw meat that is not cut usually lasts for three days in the refrigerator. It you intend you keep uncooked meat for a longer period of time you can always freeze it. It is advisable to seal uncooked meat in an airtight packet before freezing it. In this way you can use it even after several months.
- It is advisable to keep your freezer at 0 degrees Fahrenheit. It helps retain the nutrients of the meat and also helps in keeping the meat fresh for a longer period.
These are a few tips for handling and storing uncooked meat.